Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Novation ReMOTE 25 SL / Economic Re-awesome

Today I learned

That it's not always about the money.

Gotta Plug

The Novation ReMOTE 25 SL. This thing is a beast. Pricey, but worth every penny. Finally got a new one shipped to me from Musician's Friend after a lengthy ordeal with Guitar Center (a retailer that I no longer recommend or respect due to a lack of quality assurance). It's a long story, but basically, don't charge a customer full price for something that is opened, obviously used, and not containing everything that is listed on the box. Not even the warranty card. UNFORGIVABLE.

Understanding midi controllers has always been a fairly daunting task, yet in my very short experience with this piece of equipment, I have let go of all of my anxiety for reassigning high/low values, and changing button types and parameters. Nerd much? You betcha! Making sure that I understand and demonstrate mastery of every component on my instrument will be half of what separates me from Party Boy DJ. The other half? Content. Content is key. Hoping to expose San Diego to some new music. It's like I'm learning the guitar all over again.

Economic Re-Awesome

The past year has been a crazy one at work, but I have to always remember that this is happening to EVERYBODY. I'm very lucky to still be where I am at, and in light of all that has been happening, I'm proud to say that I'm very happy to be where I am at. I know that a lot will be expected of me in the next God knows how ever many months, but I'm ready for it. Ready to learn, and ready to turn some heads.

Harold Cabalic
Interactivate, Inc -|- www.interactivate.com
San Diego, CA -|- From Online to Everywhere

No comments: