Thursday, January 29, 2009

Low End Theory / What's Next?

Today I Learned

I LOVE music.

Gotta Plug

Last night, Low End Theory saved my life. In order to make up for my tardiness/poor planning of last week's The Glitch Mob show, I thought it would be fitting to make an additional trip to LA to the mecca of electronic music. After all, it would be The Glitch Mob's first performance together as a group at the venue, and seeing how they've been touring a lot, I figured this would be my best opportunity to see them in the next few months, or God knows how long.

I didn't really expect a lot out of this experience. I thought I would get there, and attempt to conceal my yawns listening to 'underground' / 'golden era' hip hop or whatever you want to call it, then be blown away by The Glitch Mob and call it a night.

Wow.

Boy, was I wrong. DJ Nobody and D-styles have made it to my MySpace list of friends.

The Mother Fucking Gaslamp Killer absolutely KILLED it. Why don't we let him play that shit in SD? Mary Anne Hobbs by way of the UK? Oh lord.

And last but not least:

Happy 30th Birthday edIT! Note to self: Trim nose hairs regularly.

What's Next?

I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I know it's gonna take a lot of work. And I know I can't do it alone. Psyphy is coming to SD.

Harold Cabalic
Interactivate, Inc -|- www.interactivate.com
San Diego, CA -|- From Online to Everywhere

No comments: